Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Whistle Gifts



These are some new little doo dads I'm working on for a larger installation. I call them "Whistle Gifts." When I was a little girl my family always went to my Aunt Pam's house for Christmas Eve dinner and presents. My cousin Danielle and I would finger through the presents under the tree trying to figure out what we got. One year my Grandma Meyers had these small little presents addressed to each of us. Danielle and I couldn't figure out what they were. We thought perhaps they are whistles? When we opened the gifts they were actually old lady perfumes like "Charlie White" and "Charlie Navy." I don't think we were very impressed....

I am also working on a book that chronicles my Christmas memories as a child. It's made from craft felt and applique. I'll be sure to post images once I get some more of it done.

No comments: