Thursday, June 6, 2013

New Work

It's been a while since I've posted what is happening in my studio.  I've had a busy semester teaching and a long nine months growing a baby!  Being pregnant has been such an experience and I couldn't help but make a few "mom" art pieces.  These pieces are specifically about breastfeeding and having a tiny human in me:

"Engorge" 2013 made from cotton, felt, fiberfill, and thread


"Latch" 2013 made from cotton, felt, fiberfill, and thread

"Precious" 2013 made from cotton, sequins, beads, fiberfill, and thread

"Balloon" 2013 made from cotton, felt, silk organza, fiberfill, and thread

"Lactation" 2013 made from cotton, felt, ball fringe, found glass, fiberfill, and thread

I'm still busy stitching in the studio and waiting for the tiny baby to arrive.  She's due this month! 

No comments: